Take time and strengthen the ties with your partner, friends and family
Friendship is the best ingredient for well-being and quality of life. It even seems to be the secret for ever-lasting love.
According to the Pairfam survey of the University of Munich (involving over 110,000 people in Germany), long-lasting and well managed partnerships build on the following principles:
- Opposite attracts, but similar values bond together;
- The importance of sex is over-rated
- The presence of children may seriously endanger good relationships (parenthood needs to be carefully planned and managed to preserve partnerships.)
- Frequent “partnership talks” usually yield no positive outcome;
- Don’t avoid conflicts, but avoid meaningless fights. Keep your inner peace; don’t fight to hurt;
- Forgive (does not mean to forget, give in, or excuse).
- Forget the ideals and absolutes. Long lasting partnerships settle on what works and build true friendships.
- The best partnerships are “resilient” and bounce back even after serious fights.
From our perspective, we want to add: cooking together, eating good meals together, sharing a passion for food and culinary pleasures adds a great deal to good partnerships.